Arjuna tree bark (Latin Name: Terminalia arjuna Wight & Arn.) is a cardioprotective botanical used in Ayurveda (East Indian traditional medicine) since 2500 B.C. It has remarkable cardioprotective, heart muscle strengthening properties. Here are good reasons to take 250 mgs of Arjuna with meals once or twice daily.
1. Arjuna bark powder is rich in saponnins, natural anti-oxidants (flavonoids) gallic acid, ellagic acid, oligomeric proanthocyanidins, phytosterols, and minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc and copper.
2. Regular use of T.arjuna improves the pumping activity of heart, which makes it very useful for heart weakness and congestive heart failure.
3. Arjuna improves cardiac muscle strength
4. It decrease in LDL cholesterol levels. Arjuna’s ability to suppress the blood’s absorption of lipids indicates that it has cholesterol-regulating properties. Its principle constituents are §-sitosterol, ellagic acid and arjunic acid.
5. Arjuna bark is rich in Co-enzyme Q-10 which prevents incident of heart attacks.
6. Arjuna also has a tonic and diuretic effects that benefit cirrhosis of the liver.
7. It induces a drug-dependent decrease in blood pressure and heart rate.
8. The bark of Arjuna is useful as an anti-ischemic and cardioprotective agent in hypertension and in ischemic heart disease, especially in disturbed cardiac rhythm, angina or myocardial infarction.
9. Arjuna helps maintain a healthy heart and reduces the effects of stress and nervousness.
10. Arjuna enhances prostaglandins and lowers risk of coronary heart trouble.
11. Arjuna can relieve symptomatic complaints of essential hypertension such as giddiness, insomnia, lassitude, headache and the inability to concentrate.
12. In a study on the efficacy of the bark powder in treating congestive cardiac failure (CCF), over 40% of the cases showed marked improvement. CCF due to congenital anomaly of heart and valve disease was also brought under control. 4 out of 9 cases of CCF due to chronic bronchitis were also relieved by the treatment.
Do you want to receive notices whenever I update the blog? Simply enter your email below and hit subscribe. Your email address will never be shared with any third party!
“There is no one else of Letha’s stature, experience, and knowledge in the field of alternative medicine.” –Alice Rhee, NBC News
“I used to think I knew something about alternative medicine. When I read Asian Health Secrets I learned something new on every page.”
–Bill Thompson, AP Radio
“Letha unearths the wisdom of the ancients.”
–New York Post
Now you can connect with Letha on Facebook!
Just Click Here and join Letha for updates, questions and more information,